MathWorks periodically updates platform support in response to shifts in usage, and is planning the following platform changes. MATLAB 2018a/b brings a host of changes:
Platforms Added with R2018a
- SUSE® Enterprise Linux Server 12 SP2: Support begins with R2018a
- OS X 10.13 (High Sierra): Limited support began with R2017b and full support with R2018a
- Ubuntu 17.10 is supported as of R2018a.
Platforms Dropped with R2018a/b
- 32-bit Windows: Support for all 32-bit Windows operating systems was dropped as of R2016a
- Windows Server 2008 R2 is not supported as of R2018a.
- Support for Windows 8.1 will be discontinued as of R2018b.
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and older: Support will be dropped as of R2018b; support for newer releases of OS X will continue
- Ubuntu: Support for all Ubuntu versions below 14.03 LTS was dropped as of R2018a, support for newer releases such as 14.04 LTS and above will continue
Change in Policy for Linux Support
MathWorks has changed its support policy to follow Red Hat’s and SUSE’s own support approach to minor versions. Note that this change does not impact support for major versions. The effect of this change is as follows for R2018a:
- SUSE: 12 SP2 is the only minor version of 12 that remains supported.
- Red Hat: RHEL 6.7 and newer are the only minor versions of RHEL 6 that remain supported.
See the platform road map for the latest information on planned platform changes to MathWorks products.