The College of Engineering is making use of UCSB Connect (https://connect.ucsb.edu) for mail services as of Summer of 2017 (From June 27-August 29).
The last migration change over happened August 29th, 2017 and we are now fully switched over to UCSB Connect (Google G Suite for Education)
ECI Connect Migration
All ECI Email accounts have moved to Connect - UCSB’s email and calendaring service powered by Google’s G Suite for Education. G Suite for Education is a collection of cloud computing productivity and collaboration software from Google. It includes Google's popular web applications such as Google GMail, Calendar, Drive, Hangouts, Docs and Sheets. G Suite provides a complete package of communication and collaboration tools suitable for any device.
Why did we migrate to Connect?
- Ultimately it is a better user experience with additional functionality
- Google has better spam and virus protection
- It is protected by legal contract (see here for details) http://www.connect.ucsb.edu/security_and_privacy/uc-google-contract
- No scanning of your data for ad generation and no ads are displayed
- FERPA compliant
- A large number of ECI accounts previously forwarded mail to external providers and do so generally without protection of a legal contract
- Additional collaboration functionality and security (MFA is available)
- Again, it has become the standard collaboration tool used across campus
Who migrated to Connect?
- Everyone with an ECI account (migration coincided and was coordinated with the ECE Connect migration)
- All departments and centers that ECI hosted mail for
- Faculty, staff, and students
- Mailing lists will eventually be migrated to Google Groups
Connect Related Documents
- Can't get onto UCSB Connect/GMail
- Can I keep my email address after I graduate? (Alumni Mail)
- Can not log onto UCSB Connect
- Differences between UCSB Connect Groups and MailMan
- GMail Search Function
- How can I access CoE email on my device?
- How do I access my email from the web? (Or, how do I access my Engineering Account in Google?)
- How do I enable an automatic vacation reply?
- How do I filter my email? (Server Side)
- How do I forward email to another address?
- How do I log into my Engineering email?
- How do I make a mailing list?
- How do I reset my password for UCSB Connect Mail?
- How to forward email to another account for a specific address
- How to read Email Error Codes
- How to set an Auto-Reply for an E-Mail Address.
- I created an @<department>.ucsb.edu account, but it shows up as @ucsb.edu...
- Is it possible for me to access my Engineering Email via POP3?
- Issues with UMail
- Mail bouncing when trying to send from Engineering Account
- Setting up Campus Directory on a mail client
- UCSB Connect Support Documents
- Unable to set Send As on Gmail for @cs.ucsb.edu
- What other addresses do I have on my UCSB Connect Account?
- What should I set as my incoming and outgoing mail server in my email client configuration?
- Where is webmail for engineering?